Is a proxy server a good idea for anonymous web access?


“Is a proxy server a good idea for anonymous web access? I'm new to the use of proxy servers and I need to understand more about this as a tool. I want to be able to use internet but I want some privacy because I get far too much spam! I'm not trying to do something sneaky or suspicious. I don’t want to access this or that site that I couldn’t otherwise access? That's not my aim. Just some privacy. How do I get started?”

---Anonymous Agent #24


Any web resource you access can gather personal information about you through your unique IP address, your “caller ID” on the Internet. They can watch your reading interests, spy on you and according to some policies the can refuse you access to information you might need. You might become a target for many marketers and advertising agencies that, having information about your interests and knowing your IP address as well as your e-mail, will be able to send you regularly their spam and junk e-mails.

Other proxy servers are generally viewed in a negative light as for helping people that do illegal business. However, if you are not doing anything illegal, then you have nothing to worry about. Many people want to have privacy when looking at things online. Again, don't worry, just because you want to use a proxy does not mean you are a criminal or doing something wrong. Many people just don't like the idea that someone can watch them do their business

Agent Anon is a buffer between your computer and the Internet resources you are accessing. Using our anonymous proxy server you won't give anybody a chance to find out your IP address to use it for their own interests. Agent Anon proxy site does not transfer the information about your IP-address of its user, and thus effectively hide the information about you and your surfing interests. Simply go to our site www.agentanon.com and type in the url of the site you want to visit and hit go.